ODACC Custom System
Overview of ODACC’s Custom System
ODACC was required by the Ministry of the Attorney General to set up a state-of-the-art custom computer system to facilitate the administration of adjudications (“ODACC’s Custom System”). ODACC’s Custom System allows Parties, Representatives and Adjudicators to work through the adjudication process.
Participate in Adjudications
- Create an account and sign in as a Party, Representative or Adjudicator;
- Give other individuals (i.e. assistants, contract managers, or project managers) access to the documents filed on ODACC’s Custom System provided such access does not contravene confidentiality obligations; and
- Receive email notifications after activities are undertaken in ODACC’s Custom System.
- Create a Notice of Adjudication and Response to Notice of Adjudication (the “Forms”);
- View and download PDFs of the Forms; and
- Send the Forms to the Parties and ODACC electronically.
Adjudicator Selection Process
- Accept or reject the other Party’s proposed Adjudicator and propose another Adjudicator;
- Ask an Adjudicator to consent to adjudicate a dispute; and
- Ask ODACC to appoint an Adjudicator.
Table of Contents
Fees, Retainers and Payments
- View the Adjudication Fee and other fees (and costs), and formalize the fee agreement with the Adjudicator;
- View the amount of the deposit posted (the “retainer”) paid by each Party to cover the expected adjudication costs;
- Pay the amount required as a retainer(s);
- View the Final Cost of Adjudication;
- View a balance of accounts, detailing payments and refunds; and
- Download invoices.
- Recommend to an Adjudicator a suggested Pre-Designed Adjudication Processes; and
- View the details of the adjudication process set by the Adjudicator.
- Upload supporting documents for the Adjudicator and the Parties to view; and
- Download supporting documents that the Adjudicator and the Parties have placed on ODACC’s Custom System.
- Send messages to other Parties, the Adjudicator and ODACC.
- Download the Determination;
- Download the certified Determination; and
- Propose an extension of the Determination due date.
- Request a termination of an adjudication; and
- Respond to a request to terminate an adjudication.
Creating an Account
To create an account on ODACC’s Custom System, please visit the following link: ODACC Custom System. There are no fees required to be paid to create an account or to use ODACC’s Custom System. The following information is needed from each individual creating an account:
- Phone number
The individual creating an account must select one of the two following options: “Create an Account as a Party” or “Create an Account as a Representative”.
Creating an Account as a Party
If the individual who is creating the account is a Claimant or Respondent, then that individual must create an account as a Party.
Creating an Account as a Representative
If the individual who is creating the account is the Claimant’s or Respondent’s Representative, then that individual must create an account as a Representative.
Note: Throughout ODACC’s website, references to steps that can be taken by a Claimant or a Respondent on ODACC’s Custom System (e.g., commencing an adjudication or selecting an Adjudicator) may also be taken by Representatives of Claimants or Respondents.
Confirming the Creation of an Account on ODACC’s Custom System
After a Party creates an account on ODACC’s Custom System, ODACC will send an email that will contain a link to verify the email address. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. The person with the email account will need to click on the link to verify his or her email and login to ODACC’s Custom System.
The same ODACC Custom System account can be used for multiple and future adjudications.
To log in to ODACC’s Custom System, a user must click on the blue “ODACC Custom System Login” button located on the top right of ODACC’s website, or visit the following link: https://app.odacc.ca/en-CA/Identity/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2F. To log in, the user must use the email address and password entered when the user created an account.
Every time a user logs in to ODACC’s Custom System, that user will receive a security code via email or text message. The security code must be entered on the login screen of ODACC’s Custom System to complete the login. After a user of ODACC’s Custom System enters a security code, that person will be re-directed to the home page of ODACC’s Custom System.
Assistance Using ODACC’s Custom System
For assistance using ODACC’s Custom System please email email@example.com or call 416-307-0008.